Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Milestones

It took three weeks and eight days, but our little Morgan rolled over onto her tummy (from her back) yesterday. We were lucky enough to catch her in action and get the video camera before she rolled back. It was funny, Tyler and I had her on the floor between us and had both turned to check our e-mail; when he turned around, he said, "tash, look," I turned and looked and sure enough she was on her tummy, propped up by her darn left arm (stuck under her). We grabbed the camera and watched as she struggled to turn over, getting pretty darn frustrated in the process. However, the smile and her reaction afterwards was priceless. It took a lot for me to stand back and not help her when she got frustrated but I am SO glad that I did.

anything, I think this foreshadows the type of parent I want to be and the effort it is going to take to restrain myself in any situation where I could make things 'easier'. I want Morgan to be independent and to experience such joys without my assistance, but I'm sure there will be times (again) where I want to intervene but I think this experience will help me to remember to take a step back and just watch her succeed (or fail and learn from it).
Natasha

My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment