Friday, February 11, 2011

No More Prunes... EVER.



We embarked upon a new stage this week: baby foods. I must say that it has been exciting and has opened our eyes to a whole new world of diaper changes. We've had parent teacher conferences this week, and I've been getting home rather late in the evenings (when we don't have snow days, that is). Tyler decided that yesterday would be a good time to introduce Morgan to prunes. Yes, prunes. Needless to say, he left this morning and revenge of the prunes: 1 began. OH.MY.

Prune poo aside, Morgan is doing well. At our last appointment she was 14lb 10oz. Our play-yard holds her in the upper area to 15 pounds, so I made the decision today to lower the play-yard to its typical setting. She is in the yard, beside me, just checking out the new digs. I think she likes it, from the sound of the coos she is giving me.

Although she is far from the 'mobility stage' (we hope), she is a smart little booger. She gets up on her knees and will rock but has learned how to scoot across the floor and to roll when she can't quite scoot.
We have a 3' by 3' area of blankets we usually lay her on to play and roll around. She'll stay on the blanket area for five minutes or so and then she's off. If I am sitting to the side of the blanket area at my computer, she'll roll over to me until she is under my feet and looking up at me. It's pretty funny. I've also watched her roll to the cat, who quickly exits the situation. Last night, she rolled over to my bag of school goodies and was trying to pull herself off the ground to a sitting position- she would get up to about a 30 degree angle and then lay back down. I took a video of this but haven't managed to upload it yet.

We've been treated to so many snow days this season that we've taken to calling them 'Morgan days'. I mean, in all actuality, that's what they are. We've enjoyed being able to be home together to int
roduce her to baby foods such as applesauce, carrots, and sweet potatoes. In one sitting the little booger will eat about 3/4 of a little container of baby food. She loves sitting in her new highchair and will open her mouth wide and lunge for the spoon when you have it in your hand. A couple of times she has grabbed for the spoon but usually drops it pretty quickly.

We went on a Morgan-themed shopping trip a couple of weeks ago and ended up coming home with some new, medium-flow bottles, fore mentioned highchair, a new car seat for Tyler's car that holds her up to 100 pounds, some outfits, and a few other misc. items. I think, though, that another shopping trip is in order, as she has outgrown her 3-6 month footy sleepers because she is so darn long! We're planning on a four-generation (gg thompson, gma thompson, mommy, morgan) shopping trip to Legends this weekend so that we can pick up some good buys at the Carters & Osh Kosh outlets (I've got coupons!).

Plans are in the making for Morgan to travel on her first plane ride at the end of May. It will be in the same company as our shopping trip- with GREAT-GREAT grandma! It will be such an awesome thing to capture a five generation visit (again, she visited her other gg grandma when she was a couple of months old). We have pictures of me with my gg, great, grandma, and mother when I was a little bigger than she will be. Sadly, I don't think Tyler will be able to go on this trip. However, we'll be driving to Phoenix with Nana Cherie in June or July so that Morgy can meet her gpa gregg, so we will get a full family trip in as well. It looks to be a busy summer, as I have trips planned to both Atlanta and San Diego for work and a nephew due in mid-June!

I've been working on plans for the March 20th shower, and almost have the invites designed and ready to go. It's so much fun to plan events- I would honestly love to do something similar as a career. Speaking of career, Tyler recently recieved a promotion to 'team facilitator' at his job and is excited about the new changes that brings to his position.

Well, time to take advantage of this Morgan-day and shower while she naps. Tonight, she'll get to spend some time with gma leslie while I go and scrapbook for the first time since her birth (YIKES... time to catch up!)...

Natasha



My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment