Saturday, April 16, 2011

These are the days


Morgan will be seven months old on Wednesday. I must say that she is at an incredibly interesting and entertaining point in her life/development. She is very interactive and verbal, having new 'firsts' all of the time.

About a week ago she started trying crawling off and on, however, I think she realizes that her 'scoot' action is just as efficient. Sometimes she'll crawl for a bit and then give up and scoot the rest of the way to her destination. This week, she started getting up on her knees and attempting to pull herself up using one of us or the couch/futon/anything else she can reach. This has lead to a few face-plants, a bruise on her temple, and frustration. Today, in the midst of pulling herself up on her crib, her leg (thigh) became stuck between the crib railing. Luckily, as I panicked, Tyler came in and was able to 'free' her. After that we opted for a trip to GG Thompsons' house.

While Morgan will play the 'repeat game' when it comes to talking (she has repeated variations of 'get it', 'hello', 'hey', 'grandma', 'love you'), she has three words committed to her vocabulary: Ma-Ma, Da-Da, and Kitty. She will also mutter in a sing-song voice, 'here kitty, kitty, kitty' after I do (sounds more like eee kiy kiy kiy).

As for foods, she eats Gerber's 'sitter' foods regularly, sometimes mixed with rice cereal. Her favorites appear to be Sweet potatoes and Peaches. When at gg Thompsons', she gets a treat of yogurt (and pickles, today), and I sometimes let her have sips from my cup of tea (not enough to even count as a 'drink').

One of my favorite signs of growth is her 'giving kisses'. When we pucker up and smack our lips, she'll hold her mouth open a bit and lean in to give kisses. This evening, I had her on my lap, standing on my legs. She was fairly calm and looked into my eyes, opened her mouth, and leaned forward and kissed me. My heart melted. <3

Last weekend we had a BBQ here at our place and went outside to take some easter pictures for Morgan. It didn't go as planned (ha, plans), but we did end up with some adorable pics.

Tyler and Morg ventured to Wichita this past week and much fun was had by Tyler, Morgan, Nana Cherie, and family friend Tina.

We're counting down the weeks (5) to summer and more family time!

Natasha





My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment