Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Moving Right Along


It's been a while! We are now sitting at 28 weeks and a couple of days- hard to believe we only have about eighty more days until Morgan Kaye will be outside of the womb. As the baby belly grows and the summer heat rises, the reality of everything is setting in. WHOA. There are moments when I just stare at her sonogram picture and wonder what she looks like at this point- especially when she gets feisty and starts bumping around in there.

We had Morgan's first baby shower this past weekend, in Wichita. We did this one early since we didn't know how long I would want to be making extended road trips. It was hosted by Nana Cherie, and Ami & Amber (the twins, Tyler's step-sisters). About ten of us gathered and munched on delicious cookies, fresh fruit, and a near-perfect cake. A good time was had by all and Morgan gained all kinds of goodies- including a homemade blanket/quilt, diaper bag, outfits, blankets, dolls/animals, a first aide kit, pacifiers, etc.



On Friday we have our 28 week appointment where I'll take my glucose test. I've had the pleasure (ha) of this once already, early in the pregnancy, so I'm prepared. I think we'll have one more appointment before I leave for Chicago in late July. We also have Morg's second shower before I leave, this one in Lawrence for friends & my mom's side of the family.

I've noticed that I'm finally in the stage where it is getting uncomfortable and near impossible to bend and move normally. I was sitting in the car yesterday and nearly cried when I couldn't even bend over forward to pick up my purse from the floor! Dear me. Cleaning house and doing household chores is still possible, but it isn't too long before my back starts aching and I have to stop and stretch. I have a feeling I need to contact maintenance at the school and ask them to HURRY and get my room cleaned for the summer so I can start putting it back together before my energy level (and ability level!) plummets.

I put curtains up in Morgan's room today- the next step is to stencil on the border and for daddy to re-do the trim in the room. He's said he'll put the crib together while I'm gone to Chicago in July.

Our breastfeeding class is coming up in mid-July and I'm going to call OPRMC to schedule a tour of the labor & delivery area, so we are prepared and know where to go and what to expect when Morgan decides the time is right to make her appearance. Tyler starts his new (weekend) job on my birthday (7/16), so I want to get as much out of the way as possible before then.

Once August rolls around, things are going to get crazy! I was actually looking at a calendar the other day and realized that I will only be teaching for a little under a month when the time comes for my due date!!! I just hope I can get everything established and my expectations set prior to having my long-term sub (well, if 5 weeks is considered long-term) come into the class.


^ 28 Weeks!


My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment