Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Another Step Closer...

As of today, we are ready for weekly doctor's appointments! I ventured out alone to the 35 week checkup, as Tyler was working the 2nd job this afternoon and evening. I met with a new nurse, who was quite friendly, and then visited with Dr. P throughout the checkup. It was pretty quick, however, we did the test for Strep B and I should know the results for that in a couple of days.


If you are unfamiliar, it's a pretty harmless bacteria that is potentially harmful to the baby as it exits the birth canal. If I'm a carrier, they'll simply put me on anibiotics once my water breaks in order to protect the baby.



Tyler was a sweetie tonight and picked up pizza for dinner after getting home. I've really been craving a lighter fare, but it was tasty. Morgan absolutely loves it when I lean back in the recliner and she can stretch out and roll around- so after dinner I did this and she put on quite a show. I felt a hand and her feet as I rubbed and she tumbled around. I'm getting to the point that every time I see a small baby, I just ache to have Morgan in my arms... I never in my life imagined I would experience that.



Sunday was Morgan's final shower, and several friends and family members showed up for the lovely scrapbook themed event. Morgan now has several pages for her birth-one year scrapbook that were personalized and created by these individuals! Here are a few pictures from the lovely shower that my colleague and friend, Bethany (and her mom, Donna) threw:




If you are yearning for more shower pics, my Aunt Julie took a bunch that I have uploaded to my facebook album; you can view them HERE. The album has pictures of each shower... enjoy!

The 5:00am rise and shine has been killer as we transition back into the school year. However, Morgan is usually up to greet me with some kicks as I hit snooze a couple times and then make my way to the kitchen for breakfast and then to the shower. There are days when she responds quickly to the warm shower and others where I think she is in a 'food coma' from breakfast.

Inservice meetings have been interesting, as our principal's voice frequently rises to a loud, shouting 'teacher voice' tone, she'll respond with some startled kicks... ha! When the room gets a little load during discussions, too, she seems to get a little flustered and kicks around. It's a pretty neat experience to feel her react to MY environment.

Tuesday marks 36 weeks AND the first day of school... it is going to be an interesting ride. I discovered today that my long-term sub, too, is expecting and his wife is due 9/4! Let's hope I hold out until closer to our due date (9/20) so he gets some time with his new babe, too!

Natasha




My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment