Thursday, September 16, 2010

Make Womb for Baby!

We had our 39 week (and three days) appointment today, with sonogram. I had to laugh when once again Morgan's first clear picture was of her lady parts... There really isn't much 'womb' in there, so we didn't get any good pictures or views of her face, but we were assured that she has plenty of fluid, etc.

We saw her little heart just pumping away and her beautiful spine, leg bones, arm bones, tummy, kidneys, etc. We did get two pictures, one of the back of her head and ear and the other of her little hand (digits, as daddy says). Once we finished the sonogram we headed to the exam room and waited to talk with our doctor about her estimated size, etc.

I was half-expecting what we heard, but it didn't seem real until Dr. M shared their guesstimates. At our 33 week appointment Morgan was in the 76th percentile, which basically means that if there were 100 women who became pregnant on the same day I did, 26 of them would have babies larger than I would... no worries. Well, according to today's sonogram we are in the 90th percentile- same scenerio- only 9 babies would be larger than Morgan. I know that their estimates can be off significantly, however, when he said they are estimating her to be around 9lb. 6oz. I was still taken aback a bit. I really feel like she'll be more like 8lb something-or-other, but we'll have to wait and see.

We discussed the options:
1) Schedule Induction OR 2) Schedule C-Section

We opted for scheduling an induction to begin with and attempting a vaginal birth- our original hopes and plan. SO, we go in on SUNDAY (Yeah, like THREE DAYS from now) for induction!!! It looks like Morgan might actually be born on her due date (9/20)!

After making the decision, Dr. M walked me to scheduling while Tyler took care of paying for and picking up our breast feeding pump. As the lady was scheduling me, she told me that her 'record' was that almost everyone she scheduled for induction actually ended up going into labor naturally before the scheduled induction, we shared a good laugh at that. As she was on speaker scheduling the appointment, I started to shake out of nervousness and anxiety- even so that my teeth started to chatter. I got myself in check pretty quickyly, but couldn't shake the 'OH MY GOD' feeling that this is really going to happen SOON.

I had somewhat resigned myself that having this little baby in my body was going to last forever, as silly as that sounds. Now, having the date, time, and appointment set is just so REAL. I have to laugh, though, because if Morgan's personality is actually how I percieve it, she'll know that I'm all prepared and ready for Sunday now and decide to 'surprise' us early. Actually, about an hour after leaving the office, I started feeling some cramps and though, "Really, baby girl?" However, they subsided for the most part.

So, exciting changes and transitions for the Jenkins household in the next few days!

Natasha








My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment