Tuesday, September 7, 2010

She'll Be Comin' Round The Mountain...

When she comes.
Yesterday marked the start of week 38! We had a busy weekend, road tripping to Wichita for Matt (Tyler's Brother) & Crispian's wedding. It was a wonderful event and we had a great time. I tried to take it easy over the weekend and keep my feet up as they have been swelling horribly. Exhibit One:
The nursery is as ready as can be, our hospital bag is packed (albeit it needs to be re-packed to include different items), and we've taken our breastfeeding and childbirth classes. Now, it's just up to Morgan when the next phase of operation baby-birthing begins. I have yet to really feel any contractions, as far as I know. However, on the road home from Wichita on Sunday, I thought that perhaps I was feeling some Braxton Hicks contractions.
My lower abdomen would tighten with an ache/cramp and remain that way for a moment or so before lightening up again- in the process Morgan would go NUTS kicking and bumping around, sending waves across my belly. It wasn't quite painful but it was uncomfortable but not long-lasting. After about thirty minutes or so I was able to fall asleep and remained in and out of sleep for the rest of the car ride home. So, if it was anything, it subsided.
Aside from my feet aching, swelling, and tingling I feel alright- uncomfortable but pretty good. I learned how to podcast last week, so I'm going to work on getting lessons podcasted about a week ahead of time for my sub. I have a feeling that Morgan just might decide to make an appearance next week...
Kibbles has been so silly lately. She has taken to following me around the house and staying at my feet 90% of the time. Right now, she's laying under my desk (her new favorite spot) and leaning against my right foot. Perhaps she is trying to give me a purr-sage to comfort my swollen tootsie? Regardless, she's been extra loving and it is appreciated. As soon as we were home Sunday I was in bed for a quick nap and it wasn't long before she was stretched out across my chest with her paws over Morgan. Our 37 week appointment was fairly quick and simple, however, Dr. P mentioned for the first time that I am 'measuring big'. He discussed the probability that the baby could be larger (8-9lb) but noted that isn't usually a reason for induction. We did schedule, though, another growth scan for 9/16 if we have not had her yet. That is four days before our due date, and I'm guessing we might not make it that far.
This week (wk. 38) our appointment is actually with Dr. M (haven't seen him since 8/2), our delivering doctor! It is on Thursday afternoon, and we'll see what he thinks about size, swelling, etc.
As for school, it looks to be a fairly busy week. I'm working a volleyball game at the middle school tonight and my students embark upon content today, and their Black Death simulation tomorrow. Friday is our first home Football game and I'm looking forward to that and the pulled pork dinner that goes with it! Let's see if Morgan holds out so that I can enjoy the first home game. I'm sure daddy wouldn't be too disappointed if she decided to come in the middle of the week, as that is his 'off time'.
No signs of pending departure, though, as of yet. 14 days until our due date!!!
Natasha

My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment