Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Swing of Things

It is hard to believe that in a few days I will head back to work and daddy will be home all day with our baby girl. I enjoy my job, although I complain about all of the hard work that goes into it. However, I think this might actually be one of the first times where I DISLIKE going in to work on a daily basis, just because I'll miss out on Morgan time.
Anyone close to our family knows the struggles I've had with balancing 'Mrs. Jenkins' and Natasha time; however, now I have more of a reason to work my hardest to ensure that 'mommy' comes first. I'm sure that finding the balance of good teacher, good wife, and good mommy will be a struggle- but I must continually remind myself how important my family is and keep myself in check so that they come first. I'm sure a panic attack will ensue this weekend, but hopefully I'll manage that well and transition back into working with as much ease as possible.
In Morgan news, I created a multi-media hub so that family in Topeka, Wichita, Arizona, etc. can keep up on her progress and growth since they don't see her as often as others. You can access the site by visiting http://adventureswithmorgankaye.shutterfly.com/ This is our primary hosting site for our family's photos, so it will be updated regularly!
On Monday we had our one month visit to the pediatrician and Morgan is growing nicely! We were given the okay to stop waking her up to feed (we were since she had lost so much weight initially) because she is now up to 10lb. 15.9oz! That places her in the 83rd percentile for weight and she is also in the 83rd for her head circumference. She's a shorty right now, in the 51st percentile at 21inches long. They were super pleased with her development, as she is ahead of her time in terms of rolling over (she can from her back to side), grasping objects (not intentionally yet, but very strong), and holding her head up. Her latest accomplishment is following her toys, particularly one rattle, with her eyes and head; it's cute to watch:
I can not get over how thankful I am for our family and friends. If not for the kindness of our co-workers, I don't know how I would have made it through the first few weeks- they fed us nightly! Having Tyler's mom and my mom here (and my grandma) was also a gift, it made the difficult transition into parenthood that much easier. Also, being able to go to Grandmas or mom's on the weekends helps since Tyler is super sleepy after his 13 hour shifts. I am just SO thankful for that and everyone's generous gifts to Morgan- her little 'nest egg' account is growing nicely and not having to pay for diapers, wipes, and formula to the extremes has been nice due to everyone's gift cards. WE LOVE YOU AND ARE SO THANKFUL for your friendship & love!
Tyler and I are to the point now where we are enjoying Morgan more than worrying about sleep, what she wants, etc... We are figuring things out and moving into the stage of 'ah ha'. Morgan slept pretty much non-stop from 5:30a until 11:30a this morning- a major milestone! That meant that Daddy slept for a few hours since he goes in for a bit tonight and Mommy even caught a nap while snuggling baby girl. Right now, she is out in her bouncer after a little bit of fussiness and I am making cupcakes to decorate for Halloween!
This weekend, my last of maternity leave, we plan on making a trip to her great-great grandma's house so that we can take a 5 generation picture! Maybe, if it is nice we can FINALLY squeeze in the pumpkin patch, too! Before the weekend, though, Morgan has two more fun-filled days! On Thursday I have my appointment to clear me to go back to work and then Tyler and I are going to head to Lawrence for a 'date night' while Grandma Leslie watches Morgan. On Friday I'll take a little 'mommy time' as well as work on some lesson plans while Morgan and Daddy head to Olathe to hang out with Uncle Matt. So, busy, busy times in the Jenkins household!
n

My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment